At Allozymes, we are building the largest custom-designed enzyme library to deliver groundbreaking industrial bio-solution for the sustainable future of the food, cosmetics, and pharma industries. Enzyme is an engine of the cell that empowers all the reactions in nature and in modern life they play a key role in 100s of industrial applications, from the creation of cheese and wine all the way to medicine. However, finding the right enzymes and improving their performance is still a key challenge. The process of enzyme engineering is very slow and super expensive. At Allozymes, we are solving all these issues with our proprietary technology. We engineered enzymes 10X faster with a 200X higher chance of success compared to the conventional technologies (Robotic). We create products and provide bio-solutions that will have a huge impact on the green future of the food, cosmetics, and pharma industries. Read in TechCrunch and Compasslist about our vision.
Allozymes is hiring two fermentation technicians for its Bioprocess team. This team is responsible for developing bioprocesses for the production of commercial products. These positions will be included on a dynamic team, included in international collaborations and offered the possibility of developing bioreactor operation, downstream processing, and data analysis skills applicable in various bioprocesses. This role has the opportunity to interact with other professionals in molecular biology, automation and process engineering to achieve these goals.
- Prepare fermentation media and buffer, and the vessel
- Set up, execute, and monitor microbial cell cultures and the samples
- Prepare samples from the run for analytical team
- Assist in developing and operating lab scale downstream process
- Maintain lab space and equipment to be operational
- Collect, record, and report experimental data
- Assist the process development and provide updates to the team lead on a regular basis
- Procure and maintain the necessary supplies and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
Candidates who are enthusiastic, creative, skilled, outgoing and fulfil the below mentioned criteria, are encouraged to apply by sending in your resumes/CVs–
- Diploma or above in biotechnology, bioprocess engineering or similar
- Some experience performing routine tasks in a laboratory setting
- Motivated, keen to learn, and interested in gathering experience in the biotechnology field in industrial settings
- Ability to work laboratory, and occasionally night shifts and/or weekends during bioreactor operation (with respective compensation)
- Good social, communication, and written skills
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Adaptable to changing priorities, comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently once given proper instruction, and comfortable multi-tasking with several active deliverables
Allozymes offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, insurance, and a unique growth opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email us at [email protected] with your resume