Allozymes as a deep tech company is committed to employee-orientated and high quality training that emphasises on enabling the employees to deliver ground-breaking technological developments in the field of industrial enzymes and their applications.
The intern works closely with the scientist in the lab and is involved with routine molecular cloning, recombinant strain construction, and microbial cell culture to produce value added ingredients for pharmaceutical, cosmetics, chemicals and food industries.
During the traineeship, you will be mentored by our CTO, Dr Akbar Vahidi, and other scientists to acquire valuable Biotech-relevant experience, develop skills and expand your professional networks
Duties & Responsibilities
Post-training, intern to be involved in:
- Perform PCR, gene cloning, microbial culture, and sample preparation
- Analyse experiment samples with analytical instruments
- Establish and validate high-throughput assays, screen enzyme activity, and compile the results
- Assist the scientist in-charge with experiment design including literature review
- Some ad-hoc tasks regarding the company operation might be given
Requirements & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical engineering, microbiology, biotechnology or a relevant technical field
- The ability to carry independent work as well as work closely with other team members to achieve group goals is essential
- Having wet lab working experience is advantageous
- Self-motivated and team player, with excellent communication skills
To apply, please email us at [email protected] with your resume