Allozymes as a deep tech company is committed to employee-orientated and high quality training that emphasises on enabling the employees to deliver ground-breaking technological developments in the field of industrial enzymes and their applications.
This position reports to the microfluidics scientist and works with them in the lab. The intern is involved with routine microfluidic chip fabrication using PDMS, data analysis, and droplet generation and manipulation in microfluidics.
During the traineeship, you will be mentored by our CTO, Dr Akbar Vahidi, and other scientists to acquire valuable Biotech-relevant experience, develop skills and expand your professional networks
Duties & Responsibilities
Post-training, intern to be involved in:
- Routine microfluidic chip fabrication.
- Analyse experiment samples with analytical instruments such as microscope, syringe pumps, etc.
- Perform routine high throughput sorting experiments.
- Validate the microfluidic chips, microfluidic droplet generation with various assays, high-throughput screening of assays, screen enzyme activity, and compile the results
Requirements & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in biomolecular/ chemical engineering, microbiology, biotechnology or a relevant technical field with interest in the field of microfluidics for biological applications.
- The ability to carry independent work as well as work closely with other team members to achieve group goals is essential
- Prior knowledge of data analysis in MATLAB or Python is an asset.
- Having experience in working a wet lab is a plus
- Self-motivated and team player, with excellent communication skills.
Candidates who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria are encouraged to Apply here