About the job
At Allozymes, We are on a mission to replace traditional manufacturing methods with cleaner, greener, scalable methods, by unlocking the power of custom-designed enzymes. We are building the next-generation enzyme engineering platform to deliver groundbreaking technological developments in the field of synthetic biology, industrial enzymes, and their many applications. Our proprietary technology allows for 10X faster enzyme engineering with 200X higher chance of success compared to current technologies. At Allozymes we are rooted and driven by sustainability, and strive to co-exist with nature by biomanufacturing natural products to help our customers with products that protect, rather than hurt the environment. Allozymes technology can copy and paste nature by generating a custom-designed enzyme that can bio-manufacture high-value specialty ingredients, like natural actives, for cosmetics and specialty chemicals industries. We are confident that we can create products and services that will have a huge impact for the sustainable future of food, cosmetics and pharma industries. Read more about our technology and portfolio in CosmeticsDesignAsia, FoodNavigator, TechCrunch and Compasslist.
To fulfill our vision, Allozymes is looking for a highly business-oriented, motivated, and capable Cosmetics Product Specialist to join our business team and accelerate the global market launch of our sustainably produced cosmetic actives and products. You will be responsible for technical and market analysis, and customer engagement of sustainably produced cosmetics ingredients, besides supporting and expanding Allozymes’ global business and cosmetics portfolio.
- Develop, implement and execute Marketing strategies for product launch
- Provide support to the Business Development team and customers on technical data, product recommendations, and ingredient-product needs
- Develop strong customer relationships by supporting customer engagement, industrial events, and presentations to engage a technical audience
- Lead formulation and product concept developments and work with external partners/suppliers on functional tests, safety, quality, and regulatory matters
- Support product rollout by liaison with external manufacturers and distributors with technical and product know-how
- Preparation and maintenance of product specification, and industrial production documents for commercialization
- Develop a strong working relationship with Business Development, Marketing, Technical Support, and Production for product launch
- Independently plan and complete product development work with appropriate communication on project status to manager, sales and customers
- Help execute on product development work, ensuring that all projects are progressing as planned and issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Strong working understanding of technical, formulation specifications for cosmetic products to fulfill product development and rollout responsibility
- Demonstrated experience on successful delivery of new actives and/or product concepts to generate business growth
- Competent with technical marketing, channel and sales strategy to support business development
- Ability to develop customer and business relationships and trust through technical knowledge and expertise
- Agile and proactive individual with a positive attitude and a proven ability for timely delivery of goals in a startup environment. Prior working experience in a startup is a plus
- Analytic and creative thinker, with a willingness to learn and grow in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational / project skills, including time management and priority setting
- Minimum Master’s degree in Cosmetics or Specialty ingredients with a background in Life Sciences
- Prior working experience in the Cosmetics industry and life sciences would be ideal
Allozymes offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, insurance, and a unique growth opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email us at [email protected] with your resume