Allozymes is a deep tech company based in Singapore. We are revolutionizing the way industry uses enzymes for manufacturing chemicals and natural compounds. Our rapid discovery and evolution of custom-designed enzymes enables breakthrough developments for sustainable production of ingredients for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and beverages.
Allozymes is hiring a distinctive Sequencing Scientist into its Biology team. This team is responsible for developing novel enzymes and microbes to produce chemicals and natural compounds. The scientist will lead the activities involved in the development of techniques and workflows to support the sequencing needs of the company’s high-throughput engineering of enzymes and microbial strains. Working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, this role has the opportunity to interact with other scientists, automation and engineers to achieve its goals.
- Conceiving, creating, and testing new sequencing capabilities, technologies, and workflows to advance our platform
- Employing advanced DNA and RNA sequencing techniques and data analysis to support the enzyme and strain engineers
- Troubleshooting the workflows
- Proactively identifying and driving continuous improvement projects to improve cost, capacity, and turnaround time
- Apply systematic, initiative, and problem-solving approach to projects
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in microbiology, molecular biology, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of experience using different sequencing technologies (industrial experience is a plus)
- Deep experience in short-read and long-read DNA sequencing techniques
- Deep experience in sequencing library preparations and workflow development and optimization
- Experienced in transcription assays and analysis
- Strong hands-on experience using wet lab facilities
- Team player and motivated to collaborate among different team members to address unmet needs across the company
- Competent in using computational and data analysis tools to strengthen the experimental design and enable a robust data analysis