Allozymes is a deep tech company based in Singapore. We are revolutionizing the way industry uses enzymes for manufacturing chemicals and natural compounds. Our rapid discovery and evolution of custom-designed enzymes enables breakthrough developments for sustainable production of ingredients for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and beverages.
Allozymes is hiring a distinctive Senior Scientist into its Biology team. This team is responsible for developing novel enzymes and microbes to produce chemicals and natural compounds. The scientist will lead the activities involved in the development of novel and optimized strains for various purposes. Working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, this role has the opportunity to interact with other scientists, automation and process engineers to achieve these goals.
- Functional expression of different enzyme classes
- Employ genetic engineering methodologies and tools, e.g. DNA assembly, transformation, integration, sequencing, bioinformatics, etc
- Pathway analysis, assembly and testing to produce target compounds
- Strain selection and engineering to optimize production of target natural compounds and chemicals
- Understanding of cellular physiology, metabolism and pathways for a variety of eukaryotic and prokaryotic microbes, e.g. on processes associated with target molecule production, including redox metabolism, energy usage, product transport, impact on growth and health of organism, etc.
- Work closely with process engineers to ensure scalability of the processes
- Work closely with data infrastructure and automation teams to establish the company’s platform
- Competent in using statistics, computational modeling, bioinformatics, and data analysis tools to strengthen the experimental design and enable a robust data analysis
- Systematic, initiative, and problem-solving approach to projects
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in microbiology, molecular biology, synthetic biology, metabolic engineering or other relevant disciplines
- 4+ years of industrial biotech experience
- Deep experience in enzyme catalysis
- Deep experience in functional enzyme expression in microbial hosts
- Deep experience in engineering and optimization of microbes for production of natural products and/or secondary metabolites and small molecules
- Solid work experience with yeast and their engineering
- Experience in protein engineering or directed evolution
- Experience in high-throughput systems and assays
- Experience in working with automated platforms
- Experience in mentoring and leading team
- Strong hands-on experience using wet lab facilities
Allozymes offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, insurance, and a unique growth opportunity.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.